Days 1, 2 and 3

We are live!

I'm official starting this blog from Friday after leaving work, why not right?

Friday

After leaving work, I was feeling shattered and left a bit late so missed my train. Therefore I popped to get a quick coffee before my train.



Saturday

I had a busy Saturday, as usual, planned. An early start to get to parkrun at Woodhouse Moor. My 50th run milestone was this weekend, and during the week I had seen an appeal for volunteers so I thought it would be a good idea to volunteer for tail walker.


I met this lovely lady called Lynn who was the final finisher and walked the whole route. She has a medical condition involved extra bones in her feet which makes it harder for her to walk. We finished it together in about an hour.

After that, I headed over to Ilkley to play hockey for Ben Rhydding Hockey club. It was quite a hot day, too hot for hockey, and surprisingly my legs still felt a bit stiff after walking 5km in the morning. We eventually won 4-1, I had dropped down to play for the third team which was quite an easy standard to play at.

Then, later, we went into Leeds to celebrate the start of our holiday, and our anniversary and went to a really nice Chinese restaurant called Tattu. We had some cocktails and a really nice meal.


Afterward we popped into La Botega for a coffee before heading home.



Sunday

This was quite an exhausting day today. The morning was fairly busy getting the house tidied before Jay and Eddie arrived to collect Izzy. She was going off on her own holiday for 3 weeks that includes a visit to Scotland. It was really nice to see them and hear about their own trip to Cornwall to visit my parents.

After they left we just continue to get the washing sorted, do some cooking and rest a bit. Jan also mentioned about hurricane Jose that I’d completely forgotten about as I knew it was languishing in the Atlantic somewhere. We checked the forecast and hopefully it won’t bother us.

Monday

Today was a bit hectic, trying to get everything sorted for the holiday. Thankfully by the evening I was feeling like everything was in place.

I got the train in to Leeds with Kathryn in the morning. I had to get various travel items including contact lenses solution, exchanging some US dollars, collecting some trainers for Kathryn and getting some new clothes. It took a few hours to get everything done. I stopped by Kapow coffee, another good independent coffee shop in Leeds, honestly, there is so many to choose from.

When I got back, this isn’t exactly holiday related, but I had to pop out to go and register with a new dentist. When I got back I packed the last of my things and picked Kathryn up from the station. By the evening time, typically for one of our holidays it was chucking it down with rain.  After clearing the fridge out, taking the rubbish out and cleaning the dishes we went to be around 9pm.

Comments

Popular Posts