25th September 2017 - Monday

I’ll admit we had a bit of a late start due to the late night last night. After rising around 10am, I went to find a coffee shop I had found using a website for independent coffee shops I learnt about on a UK coffee message board.

The coffee was actually pretty decent, I had a slice of cake too. I quickly uploaded some bits to the holiday blog. However, the upload speed was quite slow so I didn’t add any photos. It was quite busy, and small coffee shops so I didn’t want to tke up a table for too long and made my way back to the hotel.


Kathryn was feeling quite unwell today.  But we eventually made it out about lunchtie. We went first to the metrpolitan art mesuem which is in central park. I head read that there was a rooftop garden that wasn’t that well known which has a nice view. We paid our entry and made our way to an elevator at the back of the miseum. This took us straight to the rooftop, and the views were great! It was just a shame it was so hot that we could brealy stay cold just sitting in the shade. We had a cold drink each, and headed back inside after about 10-20 minutes.




Unfortunately, Kathryn had also wanted to visit the costume institute which is an exhibit inside but it wasn’t open to the public. We therefore went outside for a walk through central park over to the natural history museum. We had some more bad luck, there was an event going on. Young scientist of the year, and we had to use a side entrance to get in. There was still most of the museum open, but again the bits Kathryn wanted to visit were unavailable due to the event. We did managed to see some geology and astronomy bits which were really interesting.



For dinner, incredibly we were able to meet up with my close school friend who was over in NYC on a work trip. We went to the Rockafella centre and had dinner in a burger place within. It was great to see Iain, an just by chance he was also staying close by to our hotel so we walked back together. We took a quick photo by the entrance before heading back to our hotels




Comments

Popular Posts